Helene De Smet (°9 march 1981 in Ronse, Belgium) is a Belgian Minimalistic Abstract Art Painter.
She’s been painting her entire life. As a kid and adolescent, she followed lessons at the Academy, and later on she became an autodidact, continuously looking for more inspiration, challenges and techniques. She mostly creates Mixed Media Paintings, where she combines everything she learned and experienced through the years. She likes the freedom of having no rules and discovering new things everyday.
As a diplomated psychologist, she is inspired by peoples dreams & and sometimes lifes: inner energy, sparkle, power and sometimes life-challenges are all expressed through gold and silver paintings, with all kinds of sparkles and amazing highgloss and shine. Sometimes she adds vibrant colors to express her creativity, depending on the inspiration of the moment 💕
Her paintings weave together personal and collective dreams, joy, hope, fear and happiness.
They have high esthetic value, they fill the room but are not overwhelming, and keep intriguing from every angle.
The works are very Minimalistic and serene, but at the same time so complex, full of details and unique (like most of us). They speak for themselves. It’s all about the details. Thousand kinds of gold, sparkles and shades of light.
If not painting for someone in particular, she likes to use social issues as a source of inspiration.
She likes to use deep contrasts to express emotions:
- Black – White
- Mat – Shiny
- Simplicity – Complexity
- Modest – Explosive
- Rationality – Emotion
- External glitter – Inner power
She likes mixing unusual materials and techniques, and constantly renewing herself and her art pieces. She doesn’t use a lot of brushes, but gold foil, spraypaint, ashes, pallet knifes, pleated cardboard, garden tools, building tools, all kinds of plastic waste, foam, clay, plaster, and of course her hands and fingers 😉
She participated several expositions, solo ànd together with other artists.
Her art expresses deep feelings, and at the same time it is very beautiful and exlusive. It gives a unique sparkle to every interior!
– Little treasures – Trevisan International Art – Bologna (Italy) 25 nov – 6 dec 2023
– Art3F Bruxelles: salon international d’Art Contemporain, 24-26 nov 2023
– Art3F Monaco: Salon international d’Art Contemporain, 25-27 aug 2023 Fontvieille (Monaco)
– Art(ist) meeting Grand Casino Knokke: 17-20 aug 2023
– Galerie Falck/Galerie JAF: contemporary art gallery in Antibes, Côte d’Azur (France) summer 2023
– ART3F Kortrijk: Salon International d’Art Contemporain, 2-4 june 2023
– Magifer Expo: 11-12 juni ‘23, promoted by Never Give Up Knokke
– Kunstgids Art Guide Antwerp, Fransastic, June ‘23, olv Pieter De Groot
– Kunst in Kapellen: Art in 19 Chapels in Maarkedal, spring ‘23
– Never Give Up Galery, spring/summer 23, Zeedijk 717, Knokke BE
– Contemporary Art Galery Charline Kervyn, February 23, Voldersstraat, Ghent BE
– “Art-Up your wall”: Solo Expo, nov 22- nov 23, Artisanne, Peperstraat 5, Ronse
– Permanent expo ‘Coesies’, Veemarkt, Ronse
– Klijpe Church Expo: nov 2021, Klijpe Church Ronse
– Art Follies Expo: feb 2020, de Brouwerij, Ronse.
– Gallery Abstract Art by Helene De Smet, 2016-now, Tiegstraat 4, Schorisse: permanently open
– Gallery Contemporary Art, 2015-2016, Neerhofstraat 64, 9600 Ronse
– Etsy shop Helene De Smet Art, 2010-2023
– Helene De Smet Gallery, Ommegangstraat, 9600 Ronse, 2006-2016